All week we have been revealing picks from my mock draft. On the clock today are picks 9 – 10. To recap:
1. Carolina – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver – DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
3. Buffalo – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
5. Arizona – Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland – AJ Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco – Robert Quinn, DE/LB, UNC
8. Tennessee – Nick Fairley, DT, Auburn
With the ninth pick in the NFL draft, the Dallas Cowboys select: Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama. New defensive coordinator Rob Ryan will love to get his hands on the massive Dareus, who weighed in at the NFL combine at 319 pounds. Dallas desperately needs secondary help and more talent on the offensive line, but Dareus is a great value pick at 9 and some consider him a better pro prospect than Nick Fairley.
With the tenth pick in the NFL draft, the Washington Redskins select: Julio Jones, WR, Alabama. The redskins have tons of weaknesses, and Jones was a superstar at the NFL scouting combine where his performance should vault him into the top ten. The WR corps for the Skins could also be without the services of Santana Moss, who is scheduled to be a free agent.