With a shortage of news thanks to the lockout, there isn’t much to do except to continue on with my mock draft. On the clock today are picks 11 – 12. To recap:
1. Carolina – Cam Newton, QB, Auburn
2. Denver – DaQuan Bowers, DE, Clemson
3. Buffalo – Blaine Gabbert, QB, Missouri
4. Cincinnati – Patrick Peterson, CB, LSU
5. Arizona – Von Miller, LB, Texas A&M
6. Cleveland – AJ Green, WR, Georgia
7. San Francisco – Robert Quinn, DE/LB, UNC
8. Tennessee – Nick Fairly, DT, Auburn
9. Dallas – Marcell Dareus, DT, Alabama
10. Washington – Julio Jones, WR, Alabama
With the eleventh pick in the NFL draft, the Houston Texans select: Prince Amukamara, CB, Nebraska. Texans fans will be dancing in the streets if a top cornerback falls to them at 11. Cornerback was a glaring need for the Texans in 2010, yet they have come close to their first ever playoff berth the last few seasons. Amukamara may be the final piece needed to get there.
With the twelfth pick in the NFL draft, the Minnesota Vikings select: Cameron Jordan, DE, Cal. The Vikings have a big need at QB, but they won’t reach for one at this spot in the first round. Cameron Jordon has made a name for himself with a great combine performance, and at 6’4”, 287 pounds he would add another threat on the D-line alongside Jared Allen.