April 19, 2014

Walker: Why Carson Should be Traded

ESPN.com’s James Walker offers up seven reasons why the Bengals should make the move. From a distance, it seems like a no-brainer. Draft picks are better than nothing and Palmer (supposedly) insists he’s not playing if he doesn’t get traded.

But I’ll always return to what gives the Bengals the best chance to win now. And that’s with Carson under center, even as a malcontent.

I’ve spent too much time waiting for next year as a Bengals fan, so I’ll support Mike Brown on this one. Things could change if the team  adds a veteran once free agency begins, but for now I’ll politely disagree with Walker.

Carson should stay.

I know when to hold him.

Click the image to read the story.

Clipped from: espn.go.com (share this clip)

Comments

1. Lee says:

I thought Walker’s article made perfect sense. This is just another blunder in the story that is Mike Brown. What has Mike Brown done with this team since taking over?….still waiting…….oh wait….yea, still waiting.

• Number 1 Fan says:

Lee, where is the blunder. Mike can not trade Carson, there are no trades. If he came out and said “100% we are trading Carson!” don’t you think the offers would be much smaller?

• Lee says:

If MB is using the lockout and the denial to trade CP to drum up more intrest to eventually trade CP, then great. But until that actually happens I would put my money on MB being MB. Wanting to stand his ground just to “win the staredown”. How could any bengals fan want CP to play for their team when he has made it perfectly clear that he doesn’t want to play for the bengals or you as a fan.

Walker: “Do you want a leader whose heart isn’t really into it? Only the Bengals would answer yes to this type of question.”

Game. Set. Match.

3. Eric says:

To turn a Mike Brown phrase, “that ship has sailed.” In my view, Palmer CANNOT return to the Bengals in any capacity. Trade him or let him take his ball and go home. Either way, keep him out of the locker room at this point.

I think my attitude might change a little bit if I heard Carson himself state publicly that he wants out. He has done so privately (supposedly), but it’s his agent that has really done the talking.

Plus, I don’t trust the team to give Andy Dalton time to develop if Carson is gone. And I think Dalton, coming from TCU, will need some time to adjust to the NFL game. Otherwise, we might be staring at another decade in which the team struggles to find its franchise quarterback.