August 23, 2014

Enough With the Backing In Nonsense

It’s only Monday morning and already I’m sick and tired of hearing about people saying “the Bengals backed into the playoffs”. I feel sorry for you folks out there who still find things to gripe and complain about with this team. I made the trip to PBS yesterday and spent 5 hours in my car round trip. That meant I listened to a lot of idiot callers on 700 WLW, idiot callers like this one before the Bengals game saying “they should take their 1st round pick and trade it to get Carson back.” ARE YOU OUT OF YOUR F’N MIND????????????

I understand that 25 (it might be more or less, I lost track) years of losing has worn on you Bengals fans. Can’t we just be happy they made the postseason? Who the hell cares how they got in? So what they lost to the Ravens, a lot of teams did this year. They were the better team and they just happened to play Cincy in week 17. It doesn’t mean the Bengals backed into the playoffs. You want to talk about backing into the playoffs? How about Denver, losers of 3 straight and the only reason they got in was because our best friend Carson Palmer couldn’t beat the Chargers at home. THAT my friends is backing into the playoffs. I’d say in 2005, they backed in with losses late in meaningless games. In 2009 they lost the Sunday night game against the Jets in week 17 when they already had a playoff spot locked up, I would consider that backing in.

I’d understand if the Bengals went out yesterday and laid an egg, got beat 42-0 on their home turf and then got help. No this team went out and they were competitive in the game and had a chance to tie the game up late. A few breaks here and there and maybe a new officiating crew and the Bengals could have possibly won the game.

I am just sick and tired of the Negative Nancy’s out there who always have something bad to say about this team. The Bengals won 9 games this year, how many did you think they’d win honestly? They beat a 3-0 Buffalo team who at the time were the hottest team in the NFL, they ended losing streaks to the Colts and they got over the hump and won a game on the West Coast for the first time since I was in elementary school. This team has a lot of great things going for it, can’t we just all be happy they made the postseason? This TEAM earned it by winning 9 games this year, how many other AFC teams with 9 wins earned it? Tennessee? We beat them. Not only did the Bengals earn this berth, they got possibly the most favorable first round match up in the AFC!

Can we just stop this “backing in” nonsense? The Bengals DID NOT back into the playoffs so let’s get behind this team, and root like hell on Saturday at 4:30! WHODEY!

Comments

1. cyberdriven says:

I agree 199%

2. Reid39 says:

I agree as well. Way too many negative people out there. Can’t we just be happy? This team exceeded 99.9999% of peoples expectations this year, and some retards out there still try to find something wrong, instead of being happy. Damn! Good write, Good read!

Here is what these whiners sound like to me:

“Can you believe this? I won a six-day, all-expenses-paid Caribbean cruise, and I’m pissed about it.. It’s not even a full week! And I have to stay in an interior room. And they are flying us in coach. Coach! The whole thing is gonna suck. I shouldn’t even go. God must hate me.”

4. Lee says:

I agree Suebs, lets enjoy the moment. Once your in, your in and its a whole new season. With the expectations of this team being so low at the start of the season it seems ironic that people would be complaining about being in the playoffs. We should be ecstatic! We know our future looks bright with this young team. I say we stop living in the past and future and live in the moment. And right now the moment is playoffs baby!!!!!!

5. WHO DEstiny!!! (formerly known as the Eternal Who Dey Optimist) says:

I have the same “incomplete” feeling going forward in the playoffs. It would have felt “more right” yesterday to have won our way in. But I’d stop way short of what these idiots are saying -

1. This was supposed to be a rebuilding year, and we’re in the playoffs.
    2. We stand an EXCELLENT shot of getting our first playoff win in more than 20 years.

Yes, if we beat the Texans and have to play at New England, we may be running into a brick wall. But – in the meantime, we have a playoff berth and possibly a playoff win to be proud of. Both of which can help lure FA’s and help the team in general going forward.

WHO DEY!!!!

6. Steev says:

Agreed, wholeheartedly. The Bengals did enough throughout the course of the season to earn a playoff spot. Despite the loss this weekend, I am so proud of this team’s accomplishment and, for once, I’m optimistic about the future.

Plus I think they have a real shot at winning their first playoff game in forever. That is something to be excited about!

7. CK says:

Exceeded all expectations. Period. All the haters out there can shut the F up. Who-Dey! Go Bengals! Bringnhome a win from Houston! Oh yeah, nice job Buckeyes…..