Why Trent Richardson Could Fall to the Bengals

Trent-Ruchardson-TD
  1. Beth in Rowlett, TX says:

I think my favorite part of this, is that your example for the”triplets,” was Indy, & not the fricking Cowboys!

It’s been a while since the Cowboys were elite. Indy is the most recent example of a team that had a trio of explosive skill position players.

Interesting find, Nate. But would the Bengals value Richardson enough to trade up a few spots to get him? They tend to be more of a “wait and see if he falls” type of organization. And I don’t see him getting past the Jets.

I generally would argue that improving the offensive line will make any running back better, then make a case for taking an OG instead. But if Richardson were still there, I would have to make an exception to that line of logic.

I’d take him. And I think Cincy might be willing to do it. They tried to trade up to get Dalton last year but couldn’t quite work it out.

5. Lee says:

I don’t see the point in trading palmer to get all these extra picks and the turn around and get rid of them just to move up a couple of spots to snag a RB. We need O-line help and DB help, so use the first two picks there (obviously only if graded there). I say draft a RB in the second or third round. Hey how about Pead from UC, hell be there in later rounds and looks like a run and pass catcher.

I wouldn’t trade up, but if somehow he falls, I think you have to take him.

6. Eric says:

I don’t think they have to get a RB in round one. I’d really rather them look at OG, CB, and Safety. Even WR first. You are right that RB’s are not as valued these days, and for good reason. You can get a good one in round 2, 3, or 4 that can produce. Arian Foster=UFA, Demarco Murray was a 3rd rounder. The Cowboys have a first round back in Felix Jones, who can’t stay healthy.

Besides, our franchise drafted Ki-Jana Carter and Chris Perry in round one, but got Corey Dillon in round 2 and Rudi Johnson in round 4

If Richardson is there and is the highest rated player on the board, then pull the trigger, but otherwise, go somewhere else.

7. WHO DEstiny!!! (formerly known as the Eternal Who Dey Optimist) says:

I agree to take him if he falls, but that said I don’t think he falls. If one of the teams in front of us doesn’t take him, another team will likely trade up to do so.

I wouldn’t trade a good pick to move up, but if a top 5 talent is there near No. 17, and it only takes something like a 4th rounder to move up – who might not make this talented team anyway – I’d do it. They still will be able to target those other positions with their other picks in the first 3 rounds.