AFC North

Why Glenn Makes More Sense than DeCastro

cordy-glenn_display_image
Next Article
A.J. Green 2.0?
  1. Seubs says:

I couldn’t disagree more. David DeCastro is the best guard in the draft by far. Not only is he a bruiser in the running game but he went to Stanford so you know he’s extremely intelligent. Which leads me to believe if need be, DeCastro could play any of the spots on the line in a pinch.

2. Joe Moore says:

Decastro is clearly the better prospect but I think the Bengals will fall for Glenn due to the fact he can play both spots. I wouldn’t be surprised in the least bit to see him in stripes. Maybe having him there will help Boling out as well.

3. Travis says:

I agree only because I don’t see DeCastro there at 17. Think he goes just a few picks before the Bengals are on the clock. Glenn is a monster. Watching him this morning really impressed me. I also think it all comes down to FA, and if TRich falls in draft. A lot of factors are going to come into play here, but I see Glenn in stripes before DeCastro only cause Glenn will be there.

It’s gonna be interesting to watch. Glenn’s measurables are going to have some people looking at him as a tackle and traditionally, tackles are valued a bit more than guards. I’d still love to see TRich before both of them, but I think the Bengals would be okay with either lineman.

5. Seubs says:

I don’t understand the TRich hype. He’s a first round bust/injury waiting to happen. The Bengals historically have ZERO LUCK drafting RB’s in the first round. I’d avoid it all costs. Plus he’s already hurt. AND if you draft TRich who’s gonna block for him?

From what I understand, the knee surgery is just arthroscopic, a procedure to clean things out. And many scouts are calling TR an Adrian Peterson type prospect. He averaged over 5 yards a carry in the best football conference on A team that had a mediocre passing game at best. The good news is that if he doesn’t fall to Cincy, there are some good RBs available later on.

7. Matthew says:

If the bengals can pick up Nicks in free agency from the Saints, then all bets are off.

8. Vince says:

So many options the Bengals can go this offseason, the next two months will be very interesting. Let’s hope that Mike Brown spends the money on a couple of FA’s to beef up the talent. If it’s a possibility that Grubbs can sign with the Bengals and add either DeCastro or Glenn, the Bengals will have the kind of o-line to put them atop the AFC. I would say either is a great pickup, but I would like to see DeCastro over Glenn. They said the kid could break down the Stanford’s offense like Luck and that’s quite the statement.