The NFL Draft is less than a week away, and the Bengals find themselves in a better position than normal. No top 10 picks. Few gaping holes in the roster. There is a lot of flexibility in this draft, which means multiple strategies could be in play, whether in terms of picks or trades.
The Bengals have 9 picks this year. All come before pick #200. (Their 7th rounder goes to Jacksonville.) Generally the Bengals are content to not trade and take their picks as they are scheduled. This year could be different, if another team offers them the right deal.
The Bengals’ nine picks are:
- Rd 1, pick 17 (#17 overall) — from Raiders
- Rd 1, pick 21 (#21 overall)
- Rd 2, pick 21 (#53 overall)
- Rd 3, pick 21 (#83 overall)
- Rd 4, pick 21 (#116 overall)
- Rd 5, pick 21 (#156 overall)
- Rd 5, pick 31 (#166 overall) – from Patriots
- Rd 5, pick 32 (#167 overall) – from Giants
- Rd 6, pick 21 (#191 overall)