Shipley + Pick = Harvin?

percy-harvin
Previous Article
I Love Being Right
  1. John says:

You are forgetting one important detail.Harvin wants a trade because he is unhappy with his contract. Why would the bengals trade for a guy that will probably sit out until he gets a new deal?

There is little doubt that a helping of grease will help the squeaky wheel. But with $19M of cap space, the Bengals have the cash to give right now. In two years — when Atkins’ and Dunlap’s current deals are up and when Dalton, Green and Gresham are going into the final year of their deals — is when the money will get tight… making it the perfect time to let Harvin walk.

2. Wyatt says:

John, we have no idea if that’s why Percy isn’t happy. It may be with the performance of the Vikings since he was drafted, or perhaps a more personal issue with his coach or another player. Still, I don’t think Percy leaves Minnesota, I think whatever the issue is, it gets resolved, and I think we see a much better Minnesota team out on the field come September. Not necessarily one that’s going to make a Superbowl run, but definitely one that will be a tough team to beat.

I just saw this follow-up on PFT about Harvin’s situation. Florio believes that Harvin’s discontent involves but is not limited to money. He cites possible dissatisfaction with MIN bred by his friendship with the briefly-a-Viking Randy Moss. Coming to a team with a good chance to get to and do something in the playoffs could cure that.
      He also cites a likely interest from Harvin in being used more. If Florio is right about that, I think this idea is dead in the water. Harvin caught 87 balls last year; Green caught just 65. If Gruden called Harvin’s number enough times to get him 100 receptions, you’d have to expect as many or more for Green, who is without a doubt the #1 here. It definitely would work, but won’t Gruden want to be more balanced than that?

3. Ruff says:

Bill, my thoughts exactly. Talk about a perfect fit. We’d be flooding the field indeed. As excited as I am about this team, we are lacking explosiveness on offense beyond AJ. As a #2, this would solve that problem to say the least.

What Minny needs right now is draft picks. I think we should go after him big time.

Probably a pipe dream but damn, think about it!

4. John says:

True we don’t know 100% for sure but when asked Harvin said that was part of his reason for requesting a trade. Also 9/10 times a player demands a trade they want a new contract, especially players on rookie deals

5. Seubs says:

No way, there is no gaurantee with his migraine history that Harvin will be on the field consistently, which isn’t much of an upgrade over what we currently have in Shipley. I think as it is the defense will have a hard time stopping Green, Sanu, Shipley, Gresham and whoever else.

6. Antoniomagon says:

Please no. I love Shipley. We do not need another WR being a headache, literally.